A Yummy YuletideTreat
Grease 13X9 glass backing dish
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
8 oz of bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups of sugar
3/4 cups of flour
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/2 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
2 Tbles whole milk
3/4 tsp peppermint extract
Peppermint candy pieces
|Photo courtesy of Flickr's Annieseats|
1. Stir butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth.
2. Using electric mixer on medium speed to beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy (abt. 5 min)
3. Add the chocolate mixture, flour, salt, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Stir until just blended.
4. Pour batter into glass pan. Smooth it out with spatula. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Let cool before frosting.
To make frosting:
1. Beat powdered sugar, butter, milk and peppermint extract until creamy. You may need to add more butter or sugar to achieve desired texture. Add pink or green food coloring for a "mintier look"
2. Spread frosting over brownies after they cool. Sprinkle candy bits on top, if desired.