Tessa's Canned Pumpkin Soup
Submitted by Lady Elestial
National Correspondence Officer from Weavers Local Council
|courtesy of Flickr's ccharmon|
(Tessa was a community theater friend who brought this to the cast parties after the shows)
One large onion (sweet preferred, but not necessary), sliced thin and chopped small
½ stick butter
One teaspoon coriander
Two teaspoons curry powder
One small pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
3 cups chicken broth
One can packed pumpkin
One cup ½ and ½
· In a very large sauce pan, melt the butter then slowly cook the onion until soft and transparent (@20 mins).
· Add the coriander, curry (red pepper, if wanted), stir well and cook for two more minutes, on low, stirring occasionally.
· Slowly add the 3 cups chicken broth; bring to boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
· Slowly stir in pumpkin until well blended.
· Slowly stir in ½ and ½ until well blended.